Note: The Caucasus are a unique region with long and complex history. In order to be respectful and culturally sensitive, EE asks that tourists avoid large English lettering, profanity, American flags, military symbols, plunging necklines, midriff revealing tops, and shorts above the knee.
- Hiking boots/shoes- Comfortable, strong and, preferably, water-resistant
- Socks- thick and suited for hiking/climbing
- Hat- for sun
- Hiking pants- strong and durable, jeans acceptable
- Light jacket/windbreaker- high altitudes and cool evenings
- Personal hygiene
- Sunscreen- The stick variety is advised because it is less likely to burst in your suitcase or cause problems at high altitudes here.
- Insect repellant- The stick variety is advised because it is less likely to burst in your suitcase or cause problems at high altitudes here.
- Towel and washcloth
- One hostess gift- not more than $20 value. Ideas include something unique from your hometown or state, housewarming items (kitchen towels, candles, etc.). Do not bring something overtly religious or political.
- $200 cash or ATM access for emergencies, souvenirs, and tips
Elbrus Elevation will provide a more detailed, tour-specific packing list upon confirmation of your tour. On the detailed list, items that are available for rent will be indicated.